Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Day 15 with Effy

OH! I'm so excited!!!

I noticed that I have two followers. YEAH for me. 

Come one, Come all and follow the antics of ME   

PUFF 

Coming to you from The Fish Bowl.


So I was in a group and we were altering hands. Like a mannequin hand or a hand used for a jewelry display.

My friend Wendy saw one on Pinterest or Etsy or some such place and decided she wanted to do this as a swap. 

So she gathered a handful of us together and drew names and off we went.

There were no rules. The hand could be black, white, gold, whatever you could find. Left or right, long armed or short.

I decided I was going to paint flowers and then add some flower charms. But I was at the store and I saw some transparent butterflies so I thought I'd add the butterfly somehow on one of the fingers. 

Then I came across these tiny tiny little lights and they were so awesome I decided I was going to put these underneath the charms so that it would make the charms reflect the light and it would look like the hand lit up all over.

It sounded good. now all I had to do was implement it.

I had everything gathered up and I tried to figure out how the lights would work. Well it had a little plastic piece that held the batteries, the battery pack. Where you turned it on and off. This was cool because you can replace them so the string of lights would work for a long time.

Road block 1, the battery pack didn't have a place to hide. So my husband, DOC,  kindly and wonderfully cut out a little piece so that it would fit up underneath the hand but with the switch out to the front so you could turn it on and off, this works beautifully. And the battery pack was taped to the bottom so when the batteries died they could easily be replace.

Okay next I decided that I really didn't want to paint flowers on because my hand is not all that steady when I need it to be. Road block 2, I decided to scrounge through all my stuff and find all the 3-dimensional flowers that I could find. Believe me I have plenty. I have brads and I have eyelets and I have charms. Between the three of those I think I could come up with a good amount.

I also decided on the thumb I was going to put the butterfly. I had a really cool piece of brass that I was going to use for something else but when I bent it and put two little antenna on it it looked really nice. A lot better than the mylar one I had intended of using. 

I think I had gathered up everything else I needed so I sat down and I decide to wind the lights around the way I want them to go and I want one to end up underneath the butterfly so I put them down and I just bent them enough to see where the flowers should go. I had a good idea but I  made a few slight markings and then I took the lights off and start gluing down my flowers and I keep going and going and going because I just feel like I want more flowers here and more flowers there. 

So now I wound the lights around to where I think I wanted them to go and I tacked them down underneath the flowers, especially those that are transparent. They light up and WOW. I think it looks lovely. I sprayed it with some lacquer and it's done.

Here we go I'll show you the final project.

Let me know what you think?!?

Tomorrow after I've gotten permission from the others in the group, I'll post their pictures also. They were all amazing. It definitely was one of the best swaps I've ever been in.

I just realized 😲 as I proofed this that I put some sentences in the present and some in the past. 🤔 Oh well it's late and I don't feel like fixing my grammar. I hope none of you are English majors 👨‍🎓👩‍🎓  or teachers or professors 👩🏽‍🏫👨🏼‍🏫. Forgive me this 😔


Til tomorrow.

CIAO,

PUFF 💋💋

1 comment:

  1. The hand is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it on the other post.

    ReplyDelete