Saturday, September 25, 2021

Day 25 with Effy


Sorry about yesterday. I just did not have anything in me to make an excerpt.

I am still trying to get the layout set up the way I want and this so aggravating to me. I hate being an illiterate computer person. I waste so much of my time trying to find and figure things out.


Well today I had a magnificent day.

Kae Pea from ArtFoamies, RubberMoon and the Moon and the Maker had a Zoom class. It was sooo fantastic I am not sure I can express how great it was. 

First I have to say I am in no way connected to Kae Pea and her businesses meaning I do not work for them. I only express how I feel about them and their products because I really believe in them.

Today's Zoom class way called:  Faces and Figures with ArtFoamies


Here is the description:  In this class we will explore faces and figures using ArtFoamies and mixed media art materials, to create imagery that is imaginative and intuitive. We will create a painting on a panel and multiple pieces of paper.


Most of the materials are things that most of us have in our studios. The only things needed that you might have to buy would be specific ArtFoamies. Even if you had some of the other Faces and Figure Foamies you could adapt with these and not have to purchase anything else. ( I myself didn't have all of the Foamies on the list but will be buying them because of all of the versatility they can do).

Kae Pea covered each Foamie and then did a project with it and the people participating asked questions and most played along. Then people showed off their work and took constructive criticism from the rest of us. We did this with each Foamie sometimes in multiple ways. Everyone participated either in showing their work or asking questions or telling each other about their work or about our own work.

Water colours and acrylic paints, gouauche, and gesso were the main items used to create the artwork. Even if you are or aren't an artist that is familiar with these items you can still participate in the class because the explanation and demos were easy to follow along.

We all decided at the end that it was a fantastic learning experience and that we all loved helping each other out and giving each other ideas.

I did not work along because my main table in The Fish Bowl (actually all my tables five in all) are all covered in stuff and I did not get it cleaned off in time to work along. I am going to work on cleaning my table off and gathering what I need after I post this so that I can create (and Get Makey as Kae Pea says) tomorrow and then I will share with you and with the people from the Zoom group.

Please go to The Moon and the Maker or ArtFoamies and check out this class and if you can, sign up. It is well worth the money and you will also be able to use a lot of the tips in other art projects you are doing or contemplating doing. Kae Pea is a very knowledgeable and is always willing to help anyone.


Art has a lot to share.



 Til tomorrow.

CIAO,

PUFF ðŸ’‹ðŸ’‹


3 comments:

  1. an art community is such a necessary thing for an artist. so glad you found one that inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can inspire you too. You should at least check it out.
      I have other communities I belong to also. They will crop up in the future.

      Delete
    2. It can inspire you too. You should at least check it out.
      I have other communities I belong to also. They will crop up in the future.

      Delete