Friday, September 24, 2021

Day 23 with Effy



I am soooooo sorry, I forgot all about the blog yesterday. My husband returned from a 23 day trip and I wanted to get all my weekly chores done before he got home and I did. I was exhausted and I fell asleep and next thing I knew he was kissing me Hello.  I was so happy to see him the day got away from me, we had so much catching up to do.  I never heard my reminder alarm.

So I guess I owe all of you an extra great excerpt today.

It was easy to do something special.

I spent a day doing GelliPlate papers and some other fun papers using some of Seth Apter's products

I inherited lot of stuff from my grandmother-in-law. Which is ironic because she is the one who started me into stamping. And I think stamping, for a lot of us, was the basis of where we began into the art world. I still stamp a lot and use it in a lot of my projects. Obviously I went from there (stamping) on to a lot of other things. Mixed media jumped out at me next. So for a lot of these projects I need fun papers. Actually that was not where I was headed when I started this paragraph.

My GIL gave me all her stuff when she could no longer use it. She had tons of paper and a lot of the paper was pre-printed. Most of which I would never use so this is what I do most of my Gelli papers on. I use mostly the backs but some times the fronts.

Not all Gelli papers come out good, some are really really terrible but even those can sometimes be salvaged by tearing up or working on top of.

So here are a few of my Gelli papers and tomorrow I will show you and explain how I made the ones I made withe Seth's products.








See not all are lovely but I think I'll be able to make then work?

So how many of you have tried your hand at Gelli Printing?

Do you like it. I really like making papers, you can use up old paint, paper you don't like and it kind of gets your mind off all of your troubles. Someone once told me that if your Muse has disappeared make paper it'll help her find her way home.


Simple things keep me holding on.


Til tomorrow.

CIAO,

PUFF 💋💋




 


3 comments:

  1. I've not tried Gelli printing much... I'll have to try again. I really like yours! Glad you got some time into play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried hello, well.not properly anyway, I've attempted homemade DIY versions and I hated the process. I now make paint papers from using up acrylics and they form the base of something else. I see so much great stuff with gelli prints and always come back to the "can't be bothering with it" status, lol. I like what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Gelli printing. I'm tempted, but I don't need yet another craft! Yours are great!

    ReplyDelete