Thursday, September 2, 2021

Day 2 with Effy

 I had a different thing I was going to write about but then I read FINDINGHELGA and I responded to her and I decided to let you read what I wrote in response to her post today.

So here it is:

You say no one knows how you feel but I do i really do..

I had shoulder surgery,, no biggie but then I was in an almost fatal car crash. All but 2 ribs broken oww you say never felt it. Never felt the torn open face that when flopped open my nose went with it and you could se my teeth and facial muscles.

You ask how could I have not felt this, good drugs? I wish!! No my right lower leg was broken and shoved out through the skin. Brokennot just a little but in 47 pieces. They never did find all the pieces, which I laughingly asked my husband, " did you find them in the car?".

I do know how you feel. Surgery, surgery, infection, surgery, rehab, surgery, infection, and on and on until 8 surgeries and nothing more could be done. My face looked fantastic just like ME. My ribs healed  but the FUCKING leg just wanted to remind me of what happened. If your tired pullover. Thankfully I didn't hit anyone just half a forest. A battle of trees vs. Me and the TREES WIN.

So back to the pain and anguish the leg had to come off.

During recovery and then learning to walk with  prosthesis I fell Constantly but I walk very well now. My arms took the brunt of the falls. Since then I have had another surgery on the original shoulder to rebuild it, the other leg a knee replacement and now my other shoulder surgery.

At this time in my life I have no appendages that are all just me and no metal, no bracing,no plastic. IAM the Bionic Woman only fat, sassy and I can't run for ship.

Please don't feel sorry for be I don't, it is what it is and you have to make the best of it .

If you need a friend, a kick in the butt, a shoulder to cry on or an ear to just listen. I AM HERE.👍


PUFF🐡


P.S. sorry for so many typos it reads bad.

P.P.S. I really mean it I'm here for anyone who need it.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Puff, OK now I am on the right blog - I read a totally different one yesterday about dogs and glitter (which is awesome), but this...this story, your story, is just powerful. I've been in many accidents in my lifetime...and it always amazes me how your body goes from something solid to almost like a fabric when hurt badly. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what can I say?
    I am so impressed by your attitude!

    I found the right blog too now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your story, wow.
    We are all stories are we not? THings happen to us, we live with what happened, it shapes us. Everyones story is big to them and different to everyone elses. Wow you survived one heck of an experience.
    Im so glad i have the right blog now too.
    My experiences do not match yours although they are big and life changing to me. We are all survivors in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You. Are. Amazing.

    Thank you for sharing your story and for offering empathy and gentleness.

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your compassion and spirit! Thank you for sharing. It looks like you have your blog issues sorted now? Each site is so different I wasn't much help. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are a warrior, a mountain climber, a fighter, and a gift. what an experience! i'm so sorry you had to go through it - and still go through it - and i'm grateful the world still has you in it.

    ReplyDelete