Sunday, September 12, 2021

Day 12 with Effy



So today I went to the flea market. I thought I scored some pretty great stuff.

Here's a few pictures when we first got there.

I took my wheelchair along so when I got tired I'd have a seat. When I got it out of the car my friend and I  couldn't open it up. Somehow part of it got bent, oh well so much for that idea. ( I could have used it to carry  my bags).

The only thing I didn't get that I really wanted was an old typewriter. It worked and the ribbon was good.. I have one but this one was older.

I shouldn't have walked away because it was a good deal. Oh well  next time. 

I got glass bottles for my window sills. Items for assemblage. I bought for my friend a dish for her paint brushes, it was $0.25.

Big spender friend am I. I did buy her another dish for paint brushes and I also bought her lunch.

I got a really old Lionel train catalogue and two small old books. The books both need their bindings repaired and then I will either alter them or use them for small junk journals for flotsam and jetsam items. ( I call my stuff that because it sticks to the sea theme, I am a PUFFer Fish you know).

Bye the way if you haven't caught on The Fish Bowl is my studio. It is our walkout basement. It has lots and lots of window like a fish bowl. I have what will soon be a full kitchen,  The Galley. A full bathroom, The Lagoon. One side my main work area, The 61 Reef.  The other side is The Fat Tree Reef.  And the large area that is where I  have most of my stuff, soon to be organized completely 🤣🤣 is The Atoll.

Someday when I have it all organized I'll take a few pix and show it off.

Well that's all for today except a few shots of some of my loot I got.











This wasn't even all of it.




Til tomorrow.

CIAO,

PUFF 💋💋

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to follow me a d I know you do 😁. You have to read the web version. So go go grab a friend d or two to follow me. Thank you.🐡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t get the subscribe function to work on my phone. Will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day indeed. Friends don't care about price tags. Friends care about the time. And it seems to me that you and your friend had a lovely time!
    ❤️ Helga

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this peek into your day and your studio/fish bowl which sounds amazing...all those windows! Altered books fascinate me but I've yet to do one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun day! Bummer about the wheelchair, I hope it can be fixed.
    That Anacin tin sure brought back some memories!! The Bayer one too. My Mom always had one or the other in her purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That flea market looks huge! I hope another typewriter is on its way to you, somehow, some where :)

    ReplyDelete