Thursday, May 28, 2015

New York New York its a wonderful town

As you know I went to NYC for a few days. It has been a few years since I last went and I was missing it and my family.
The family part was fantastic! You never realize how much you miss them until you are with them.
As usual we do a lot of talking and eating it was the best part of my year so far. (I have many plans coming up that will equal this time with them).

The last day my flight didn't leave until late after noon so I went to a few shops recommended by friends.

 Metalliferous was one of the most awesome shops I have ever been to. They had so many different metals and chain and blank bracelets, rings, necklaces and on and on. Of course I spent a bundle to get me started making jewelry again.

I also went flea marketing with my cousin in Hell's Kitchen and there were many wonderful items but what I was really looking for was small watches that didn't need to work that would only cost a few bucks but all I found were working and most wanted $10 or more for them and that was too too much for what I am planning.

I did  lot or walking that I am used to yet. We walked to Battery Park and watch the water and we could see the Staten Island Ferry and also the Statue of  Liberty.

The neatest site was from out front of our hotel we could see the monument to the 9/11 World Trade Center. I did not go to see it this time for two reasons one I was tired of walking and second being the holiday weekend it was packed.

Here is the picture from the front of the  hotel what a beautiful tribute building.
Now that I and rested I will be doing my little bit of housework I can over the next few days in stages and I have promised myself at least some project each day and at least 1 hour per day in my studio getting it in order since I never did get it settled before my accident, plus I need to locate things for the work shop Art Unplugged I am attending in a few weeks.

Take care one and all and check back soon.

PUFF

No comments:

Post a Comment