Tuesday, May 12, 2015

12 May 2015

I have decided to use dates  and / or title if exciting instead of entry numbers.

As a lot of you already know I was in a near fatal car crash in September of 2013.
I am finally walking again with the use of a cane which will probably be my friend for the rest of my life. Over the past two weeks I have been practicing to drive also.
The accident was my fault, I ran off the road and hit a tree bouncing off another tree and back to the original tree. I don't remember any thing much except when then pulled my leg to get the bones back in the skin and them telling me I was going on a chopper, the rest is blank. My husband was out of town and when I finally awoke he told me that my face had been torn open (look just as good as new), I had broken almost all of my ribs and that my lower right leg had been broken and poked thru the skin. Later I was to find out that my leg was broken in 47 places and some of the pieces of bone were missing. After 7 surgeries I am walking with my cane. There is pain no matter what I do with that leg but I am grateful that I am alive and can walk at all and that I did not loose that leg, cause there was talk of it.

Now I will explain why I shared that story. Yesterday was my first excursion out into the world alone in my new car. FREEDOM for the first time in 20 months.
I drove to town with many errands I wanted to do that I know my hubby would not and could not because he was working. I am retired now so I can have fun and enjoy life.
My first stop was to take myself to a movie and I saw Age of Adeline and it was wonderful. A great sci fi love story.
Then off to other errands but my leg was swelling fast as it will probably always do. I had intentions of going to WalMart the only place in town to get any art supplies so I could get some cheapy paint to do Gelli Plate art today. Well that didn't happen and today I am very tired so I will wait for paint tomorrow but that's ok I am glad to be home today because FedEx is supposed to deliver my new kiln. Where we live the electric is run on a turbine so it fluctuates and I could not have my big kiln running so I ordered a new on that is very very tiny. I will be able to do glass fusing, some small pieces of pottery and raku and also PMC. So I am eagerly awaiting that. It will probably be at the end of the day so I wont be able to try it out until Thursday. Because tomorrow is another excursion into town for art supplies and groceries. ( the best part of being handicapped is you get to ride around in the carts at stores and that at least makes it worthwhile).

Today I will do housecleaning which takes me about 4x longer than most and then Gelli Plate with what I have.

Later I will try my first post or a picture of what I accomplished with my Gelli Plate.  Please take note of the TRY.

That's all for today. A very boring and artless entry.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning PUFF! I am enjoying your blog.....and no ma'am, this is NOT a boring and artless entry! You are also utilizing the art of writing! I am truly getting to know and adore you through your blog entries. I had no idea of all that you have gone through, and your determination to positively move forward despite it. Way to go, my Sistah!!! Eagerly getting ready to read your next post to check out the Gelli Plate art and new kiln!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have plugged through many things with your accident and finally getting where you are ready to take off since most of the healing has happened. Looking so forward to reading more of the blog!

    ReplyDelete